Everything is A-OK.
K and I both started our periods within hours of each other Thanksgiving morning. It’s nice to know we’re in synch.
On the To Do List for Today:
- Go to Dentist-have filling replaced
- Drop off boots at Cobbler’s
- Brave the crowds at Tra.der Joes
- Carry 30 lbs of groceries back home
- Eat More Sushi
- Do 5 loads of laundry
- Conference Call (I’m ‘working’ from home today)
- Check email and make sure there’s nothing that can’t wait until Monday
- Pick up Dry Cleaning
- Go to regular grocery store
- Buy a case of cat food at pet store
- Peel and chop 3 lbs of carrots for “Citrus Gl.azed Carrots”
- Make 2 loaves of Pumpkin Bread
- Peel 4 lbs of squash and 2 lbs of turnips for casserole
- Peel and quarter 6 lbs of pears for “pear and blueberry cobbler with cornmeal biscuits”
- Discover Pears are not ripe enough.
- Make Gingerbread instead
- Go to Gym (K)
- Listen to Pan.dora Radio while doing most of the above
- Make Punjabi Chicken and Spinach for Dinner
- Watch a movie
It is one month to the day that I got sick—and I’m still suffering a bit from TNC (the never-ending cold).
But last night….for the first time in a month…I slept without a ‘cough sweet’ clinging to the roof of my mouth.
It was still there, tucked under my pillow ‘just in case’ when I woke up this morning (I can’t leave them on the night stand because the monster hones in on them and plays cat-as-hockey-player games in the dark of the night and all you hear is ping-rustle rustle-ping as he bounces them against the wall).
What I didn’t know is that K has been finding the wrappers all over the bed! Haha!
Vee and Jay, I know you are horrified right now—possibly beyond words—to learn that I’ve continued on with my deadly practice. But here I am—Alive!
I asked my mom about this ‘practice’ of mine and she said while she doesn’t do it ‘regularly’, she has done it.
So there you go: blame it on my mother!
Day 27: Finally called the RE about the spotting issue…..I know I should’ve done it earlier. But we talked and while he was concerned, he said that we’ll do a day 3 U/S and bloodwork and go from there. He also said “since you had an irregular period, this may very well go hand in hand with that” which, yeah, is kind of what I was thinking. He says there’s no cause for concern UNLESS this becomes a pattern with me. So, now….just waiting for the Old Red Head to make a visit…should be any day now…or not considering this month has been somewhat out of whack. Either way, I’m ready.
Good news today from the Sunshine State!
I’m not saying we’re thinking about moving…but it’s a nicer place for gays today.
ETA: I know this decision still has to go further and will be appealed but the fact that something positive is happening at all gives me hope.
Dear Mr. Deli Man:
Times are tough. You’re lucky I’m still coming into your crappy deli because there’s a better one 3 blocks further I prefer.
But when you give me a $7 tuna melt ‘panini’ and the cheap American cheese isn’t even melted…that’s not a panini, Mr. Deli Man–that’s a half-assed job and it’s not like you were even busy.
While I’m sure there are worse things than a non-melted, lukewarm panini I can’t think of any right now because I’m starving and I want to eat my lunch.
But it’s in the toaster oven getting hot.
That girl who probably isn’t going to come back any time soon.
ETA: The other deli doesn’t give me free chips with my panini so I’m taking this as a sign the universe doesn’t want me to eat potato chips.
We trekked out to this Korean spa today. It was the second time for me, but the first for K.
Tagged by Two Girls and Their Family–who, by the way, just got a BFP last week so you really should go by and say “hi” as they are pretty new bloggers…
- Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both + I’ve done the recyclable brown bags personally decorated. I’m also obsessive at gift Unwrapping time making sure no gift bags get thrown out–then I gather them up, take them home and use them the next year.
- Real tree or Artificial? REAL and hideously Manhattan overpriced.
- When do you put up the tree? Early December
- When do you take the tree down? Hopefully before New Years but I was really lazy one year and it stayed up for an extra month. Then I didn’t feel like hauling it down 4 flights of stairs and it ‘looked’ like it would fit through the window so I thought I’d just push it out of the window into the courtyard below. That didn’t work out so well. Sawing was involved.
- Do you like eggnog? Yum.
- Favorite gift received as a child? My mom made me a dollhouse out of cardboard boxes and it was amazing. We were so poor and she would hand sew all of the clothes for my dolls, too. I didn’t think much about it then, but looking back now–those gifts were amazing.
- Hardest person to buy for? I don’t ‘love’ shopping, so none of it is easy.
- Easiest person to buy for? Me!
- Do you have a nativity scene? Nope, but we have a Buddha and a Ganesh;)
- Mail or email Christmas cards? Definitely mail and I’m working on the labels this week.
- Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Pretty much anything from my FIL that isn’t a check is bad. He has no taste and doesn’t ever buy you what you want only what he wants.
- Favorite Christmas Movie? The Sound of Music. I know, it hasn’t nothing to do with Christmas, but I usually watch it at Christmas time.
- When do you start shopping for Christmas? I shop all year long when I see something and keep it in my Christmas pile. Then I shop from my Christmas pile and hopefully never set foot in a store after Thanksgiving. Or I shop online.
- Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Oh yes, indeed.
- Lights on the tree? White lights
- Favorite Christmas song? I get sick of all of them pretty fast but I dig “Feliz Navi.dad” sung by José F.eliciano and the “Nutcr.acker” suite.
- Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel – upstate NY or to South East Asia.
- Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s? Si.
- Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither. I think we tied a ribbon there last year.
- Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both
- Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Over commercialization; never ending soundtrack of Christmas songs beginning right after Halloween.
- Favorite ornament theme or color? I don’t think I have one. I like variety.
- Favorite meal for Christmas dinner? Turkey and stuffing and lots of sides!
- What do you want for Christmas this year? Considering I’ll be testing Dec. 24/25th, a BFP would be most excellent. Otherwise, Cash is King.
I tag the ladies at Babypants!