- We don’t know the sexes and I am perfectly OK with that. The sex was determined from Day 1, nothing I can do about it but wait and see! I never in a million years would have thought I would be OK with not knowing. Surprise! I just want healthy babies, that’s it. And honestly it has been SO nice not to be bombarded with pink/blue. There is plenty of time after they are born for people to get obsessed with colors. For now, thank god, they can just be babies.
- We don’t have names picked out. Oh sure, we have lists of possibilities, but nothing for certain. I want to see these babies, hold them, get to know them before naming them. I know babies and pets are completely different, but I would never name a pet before meeting it. Blast me if you want to for that comparison, but that’s the best I can explain it.
- We have no birth plan other than showing up, thinking positive and going with whatever is best for the babies. Yes, we have educated ourselves on our options and medical interventions, but ultimately–what will be will be. I have seen way too many bloggers go in for one kind of birth they had carefully spent months planning out only to emerge with something they could’ve never dreamt of. I’ve also heard of too many bloggers heartbroken and guilty that they didn’t get the birth they had planned. I might feel different if I were having a singleton, I think so…but almost all of the twin moms I’ve spoken with have agreed that childbirth classes and a ‘plan’ were completely useless in a twin pregnancy.
- Music. It rules. Take away the TV for the rest of my life, I could care less–but give me my music! But what do I want to hear in the throes of birth?? I have no idea. Plus, I’ll be in the OR, they don’t allow you to give birth in a nice birthing room for twins, so I can’t even imagine me rocking out while 30 people stand by waiting to see if they are needed. I think if I have the choice, I’ll just put Brandi Carlile on the iPod and keep repeating. Or maybe that will drive me crazy and I’ll ask everyone to join me in singing “Under Pressure” with Chicken in charge of snapping. Who knows.
- Going home outfits? Onsies. Seriously. I mean, it’s winter and they are going to be so bundled up and who is going to see them that hasn’t already seen them? The cab driver?
- The nursery. HaHa! What nursery? This one has probably surprised me most. I always thought I would really need this and have it be perfect in order to be happy. Not so much. We have two cribs. The cribs have bedding and mobiles. We have a changing table. Everything matches. The drawers are full of clothing. It all fits in a corner of our bedroom, so therefore it’s perfect! We were able to stay in our newly rent-stabilized, rent-reduced apartment in Manhattan, an apartment we love, a neighborhood that is perfect for us and kids, and we are surrounded by friends. We can walk anywhere we want, we have many, many parks right outside our door. Our Y is right around the corner and has baby swimming classes, Mommy and Me Yoga and a host of other kid-friendly options. All of this trumps the perfect nursery 10 times over.
I’ve been a bad blogger and have been asked to come back and blog more often.
- Chicklet is 5.7 lbs
- Shadow Boxer is 5.5 lbs.
I’ve had a new ‘pregnancy pain’ this past week. One that leaves me giving a (more than) little yelp from the recliner/couch.
Great stuff I had to pass on to my readers:
Here’s a complete list of all the offers:
We offer a one-time gift of coupons to parents of twins, triplets, etc. To receive this gift, please send a copy of the birth certificates to: U.S. Requests: Kimberly-Clark Corporation Department QMB P.O. Box 2020 Neenah, WI 54957-2020
We welcome twins, triplets, quadruplets, quintuplets, or more with a one-time gift of money-saving coupons! Simply send us copies of the hospital discharge papers. Any sensitive information, such as social security numbers, should be blacked out before sending them. Finally, mail your name and address along with the hospital discharge copies to: Pampers Multiple Birth Offer, The Procter & Gamble Company, P.O. Box 599, Cincinnati, OH 45201. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for your coupons to arrive!
BABIES R US
10% off of purchase of 2 or more of same item. Big things only
Free Baby Products from The First Years
The First Years produces a variety of well-regarded gadgets and gizmos for babies. Send proof of birth, such as a newspaper clipping or copies of the birth certificates, to: The First Years, One Kiddie Dr., Avon, MA 02322, Attn: Multiple Births Program. You’ll receive a gift of items from the company’s product line. Contents may vary, but in the past have included bibs, rattles, teethers and toys.
Multiples packet includes coupons for Beech-Nut baby food products.
What to Do:
Call 1-800-BEECHNUT (233-2468) and provide your contact information. You’ll be sent a packet designed especially for families with multiples. No verification is required, except for quadruplets and higher order multiples.
Visit Beech-Nut’s website for additional special offers.
Type of Offer: Coupons for baby food. Gerber’s products include foods like rice cereal, juices and staged foods for infants and toddlers. They also produce a line of organic baby food products.
What to Do: Call (800) 443-7237 to request a packet for parents of twins and multiples. Verification may be required for higher order multiples.
Other Info: Visit Gerber’s website for more coupon and discount offers. Gerber’s product line includes a wide variety of baby care products, like bottles, pacifiers, medications, shampoo, bath accessories, clothing and sippy cups.
The 1st Years, 1-800-533-6708 Rattles, bibs 1 Kiddie Dr. Avon, MA 02322
American Baby Magazine, Free magazine subscription http://www.americanbaby.com/subscription/
BabyTalk Magazine, Free magazine subscription http://www.pathfinder.com/ParentTime/parenting/babysub.html
Beechnut Baby Food, 1-800-523-6633 New parent package including coupons; label saving program http://www.beech-nut.com/
Carnation Good Start Formula 1-800-782-7766 Nestle Infant Nutrition PO Box AW Wilkes Barre, PA 18703 Mothers of multiples need to send copies of birth certificates to this address for coupons for 5 cans of formula.
Drypers Corporation, 1-360-693-6688 Several $1 off coupons and a coupon for a free package of diapers for each baby P.O. Box 8830 Vancouver, WA 98666-8830
Evenflo, 1-800-356-2229 Disposable bottles, holders, nipples 1000 Evenflo Drive Canton, GA 30114
Fisher Price, 1-800-432-KIDS (1-800-432-5437), Family registry, brochures, catalogs, coupons http://www.fisher-price.com
Gerber Baby Food*, 1-800-4GERBER (1-800-443-7237) Quarterly magazine, coupons; call for more coupons at each stage http://www.gerber.com/
Johnson&Johnson, 1-800-526-RASH/1-800-526-3967 Brochures, coupons
Kimberly Clark (Huggies), 1-800-544-1847 May now require birth certificates for proof. They will send coupons until the babies are 26 months old. PO Box 2020 Dept. Q-M-B Neenah, WI 54957-2020 http://www.huggies.com/
Lil Things Store Ask about discount for multiples
Little Tikes, 1-800-321-0183 Two shoppers guides per year http://www.littletikes.com
McNeil Consumer Products (Tylenol), 1-800-962-5357 Coupons
Mead-Johnson (Enfamil/Prosobee) 1-800-BABY123 (1-800-222-9123) Family Beginnings Program for free baby products, coupons, free formula; call every month for coupon packet http://www.meadjohnson.com
OshKosh B’Gosh 1-800-692-4674 Discount for multiples. Ask at your local store. http://www.oshkoshbgosh.com/
JCPenney Portraits, Visit website to receive free offer http://www.jcpenneyportraits.com/multiples/
Proctor & Gamble (Pampers/Luvs/Baby Fresh), 1-800-543-0480/1-800-232-5326 http://www.pg.com/
Pampers Parenting Group Coupons, rebate offers http://www.pampers.com
Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Show Free ticket to use any time during lifetime. Send child’s name, address and birth date: P. O. Box 39845 Edina, MN 55439 http://www.ringling.com/TextContent.aspx?id=11736&parentID=348&assetFolderID=354
Ross Labs (Similac/Isomil), 1-800-222-BABYLINE (1-800-222-9546)/1-800-232-7677 Welcome Addition Club; teddy bears, formula samples, newsletters, coupons
Sassy, Inc., 1-800-323-6336 Buy one, get remaining multiples free, offer for a feeding utensil set or training cup
Spencers, 1-800-633-9111 Growth chart, product booklet, coupons
Stride Rite Stores Ask about discount for multiples
If so, keep reading my blog! Because while I just LOVE a good roller coaster, I did not expect my last month of so of pregnancy to be quite this exciting of a ride.
Fuckity Fuck Fuck Crap.