Nutella asked: What are the plans for Chicken to resume her work travel schedule? Will you be looking for new employment outside the home or staying home with the twins full time?
- Chicken has been offered a new job in the company from–a twin mom of two boys who were also born exactly at 35 weeks and 5 days, same as us! Talk about working for someone who ‘gets’ your life! She worked with her on a project 2 years ago, they’ve stayed in contact and this position came up. It literally just fell in her lap. The best part? She’ll be working from home. Absolutely ZERO travel! She starts in mid June and I will be a full time stay at home mom.
CindyHoo2 asked: Have you joined up with a local chapter of Parent of Twins and trips?
- Yes! I’m a member of the Manhattan Mothers of Multiples club and it’s been the best $40 membership fee I’ve paid for any club.
GiggleBlue asked: I was looking at the pictures and your labeling, and wondering, if i would remember who was who IRL. Did you ever have a problem with that, or do they just not look the same to you at all??
- We’ve never had a problem with it. They look completely, totally, 100% different to us.
Nicole asked: have been reading your blog for awhile, but believe i am commenting for the first time. i want to know how you find the time to blog w/ 9 week old twins???? nevermind, the fact that you pack them up and actually GET OUT OF THE HOUSE, oh. my. god.
Alicia asked: Long time reader, first post! I was wondering what kind of work you and Chicken do!
- I don’t work anymore. I was laid off before I got pregnant and do not intend to go back to work for a couple of years. Chicken works for a management consulting firm.
tbean asked: How is the induced lactation going? And what is this about a possible ttc for a third child?
- Chicken just got her drugs in the mail this past week–Domperidone, which you can’t get in the good old USA. We had to order them from New Zealand. She’d started pumping about 2 weeks prior and putting Grunter to the breast when he was done on me. These 3 things can supposedly bring in your milk. It will take about 4-6 weeks now that we have the drugs. We’ll see what happens!
- Yes, we are thinking we’d like to do this again. Maybe. Not anytime soon. But just today Chicken declared we needed another one and that she guessed she could get pregnant. I would have NEVER predicted her to say either of those things even a year ago! If we do it, we’ll go straight to IVF and only transfer one egg. If it works, it works. We love our twins, but we’d really love just one more. Plus, one would seem SO EASY after two!
motherwilling asked: Where are you going?
- We’re going to the Sunshine State to meet a bunch of old ladies. Both of Chicken’s grandmothers, plus a few other family members live in Florida. We’ll be going to the east coast for a few days, then driving to the west coast and staying there for a week. Her father has a condo on the water and we figured there wasn’t much difference in hanging out here vs hanging out there and there has a balcony where you can watch the dolphins jumping around. We’re looking forward to that.
- I put off my D&C because I’m not giving up pools and beaches.
- It will be a trip of many firsts for the boys, first plane ride, first time on the beach. We are prepared to keep them completely out of the sun. We bought a big cabana tent and big sun hats for them. The tent is so big I can even breast feed inside it and no one will know!
- We’re hoping it’s a huge success because next month…we’re going to need baby passports!
We’re traveling next week and I postponed the D & C until after we get back.
I’ll be going in on April 30 now. I’ve waited this long. I think I’ll be OK waiting a bit longer.
I seem to get quite a few questions in my comments and I haven’t been the best at answering them.
In an honest attempt to achieve this, I’d like you to post your questions in the comments section.
It can be about twins, life in the city, travel, IVF, whatever.
I’ll do my best to answer it.
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone