When I found out I was pregnant I had high hopes of being able to use cloth diapers. But realizing that (a) we have no washer/dryer in our apartment (b) we were having twins (c) we had no where to hang the diapers to sun dry them (d) we’re having TWINS…
I checked out Gdiapers, but I didn’t feel they were an option for me. Again, living in an apartment building, I just didn’t trust the plumbing – would I cause a flood if the diaper didn’t break up enough in the toilet? I understand that flushing them is not the only option – you can just throw out the inserts but they’re also more expensive than other eco-friendly disposables so I passed on them.
I ended up using 7th Generation‘s disposable diapers. I have been very pleased with them so far in that they’re chlorine-free and contain no latex, fragrance, or TBT (tributyl tin), they fit well and there haven’t been any problems with leaks. The big problem I have with them, though, is that I had always thought they were biodegradable they actually aren’t. I also wanted to find a diaper without gel inside.
So, it was back to the drawing board to find something “greener”. That’s when I came across Nature Babycare Diapers.
– Award Winning Premium Performance eco-friendly disposable diaper
– Awarded the Eco Label “Good Environmental Choice” of Swedish Society for Nature Conservation (SSNC)
– NO oil-based plastics against baby’s skin
– Kinder and more gentle to your baby and the environment
– Breathable and chlorine-free with natural based material, for natural protection
– Ultra-thin construction gives a non-bulky fit, enabling your baby to move around freely
– Consumer packaging is based on 100% natural renewable material. No oil-based plastics!
– Winner of the 06-07 Silver Award for “Best Disposable Diaper,” featured in Mother & Baby Magazine, a leading UK baby magazine
Features and Benefits of Nature babycare:
-Chlorine-free absorbent materials – does not contribute to dioxin pollution
-100 % natural based back sheet – NO plastic – reduce the greenhouse effect
-100 % natural distribution layer – NO plastic – reduce the greenhouse effect
-100 % compostable consumer packaging – NO plastic – reduce the greenhouse effect
-No latex, fragrance, or TBT (tributyl tin)