Today, while the munchkins tottered and crawled around me, I put Grandma on speaker phone and tried to have more than a 5 minute conversation. We are making the trip to Middle America in May and I want them to at least recognize the grandparents voices. Maybe?
After music class today, I was called the “bad cop” by another mom. She didn’t mean it in a bad way. You see, we’d been talking about temper tantrums. We’ve had a little preview here and there…but I wouldn’t say we’ve dealt with any true tantrums.
I know some of you have hinted at this in your own blogs and I’ve been thinking about it for quite some time myself.
I love my neighborhood, I really do. Everyday I see someone who will stop and ask me how I’m doing, how the boys are doing. Everyone thinks that NYC is so huge and impersonal, but when you live here it’s simply a lot of little neighborhoods stacked next door to each other. I see the same people over and over again because I don’t leave my neighborhood that often. Everything I need is pretty much here and it’s all walkable. I love it.
I’m not referring to my photos being stolen on posted on FB…I’ve since learned that the girl probably wasn’t even pregnant, let alone with twins…so that just makes her crazy and makes me a little sad for her. Sure, it’s weird. But, in the end no harm was done.
- Feed the twins
- Clean it and them all up
- Diaper Changes
- Gimme that diaper
- Bring the wipes back
- Don’t touch your penis it has poop on it
- Do you have to toss every single wipe out of the container?
- Let’s put the wipes back in
- OMG, you took off your socks again?
- I’m sorry he poked you in the eye, that must’ve hurt. Come here.
- Hugs and Cuddles.
- Let’s find those socks
- Jackets on
I’m less stressed.
I was notified recently of a really freaky thing. Someone on FB had stolen my weekly belly shots from my blog and posted them on their FB page as their own belly shots.
Three amazing things happening by taking this trip to SF and we never could have predicted them in advance.
- No more pumping! I had been cutting down on my pumping but keeping the last pump of the night sloooowly moving it back. In truth, as much as I hated that pump there was a sick thing I like about seeing the milk in that bottle. Proof that I am making milk. However, I vowed that I would never travel with the pump and all that crap again. So, 2 nights before we left I pumped for the last time. I ended up nursing a sleepy baby around 11pm just to make sure my boobs would make it both nights…but they were fine. By the time we woke up in SF, me and my boobies were sleeping through the night. No more pumping! I’m sure if we hadn’t gone on the trip, I’d still be ‘holding on’ to that last pump, silly as it was.
- No more bottles! We had talked about dropping the boy’s night time bottle once we were confident they were getting enough moo milk throughout the day. We had a strategy of making the bottles smaller and smaller…etc. But, we’d only talked about it. The night we arrived in SF, the boys were exhausted, we were out of milk and hadn’t made it to the grocery to stock up. I decided to BF them and see what happened. The worst that could happen is they would wake up hungry and I would BF them again. They slept just fine (except for that NYC internal alarm clock waking time!) and just like that, we’ve stopped the bottles. Granted we only did one bottle a day, but still…I’m so happy to nurse them at night and be done with it and also KNOW that they are still getting enough milk from me to sleep 12 hours through the night.
- Two mommies are better than one! I took W2 on the flight since he’s more into nursing and Chicken flew with Grunter on her lap. By the time we arrived in SF, Grunter had formed an attachment with Chicken neither of us had ever experienced. He wanted her and reached out to her. I will admit that while I was pleased he bonded with her so tightly, I was….a little jealous. There I said it. And she knows and she wasn’t surprised. But they have been such ‘mommy’ boys for over a year despite the fact that ‘mama’ is here as well. As Chicken says, “You’ve got what they want (boobies).” It was really sweet to see how she could comfort him and how tightly he clung to her, but strange to know that he didn’t want me. Right now, he wanted her. Anyone else deal with this? It sounds selfish, I know. I want the boys to have a strong bond with both of us and I know that when I stop BFing it will probably be a lot easier.
If I told you how well the trip to SF went?