Thanks for all of the comments and suggestions and excitement!
Oh, it’s busy around here. I don’t think I’ve ever gone this long without a post.
- I’m taking a writing class this semester and using my creative brain again. It’s really nice, but time consuming.
- Both boys are fully walking, W2 quite fast and he N.E.V.E.R stops.
- I had started going to the gym about a month ago and was getting back into yoga and pilates. It was great and really helped my abs.
- Now, I spend so much time running after two little guys going in opposite directions that if I go to the gym I can’t do much else. So…my workout is now twin running.
- HN fractured her foot so I am solo for….I honestly have no idea.
- The Florida trip was great. We thought it might be life-changing and it was. We came back seriously wondering how we are going to deal with these two kiddos in a small apartment. They loved being outside so much (and they are outside here twice a day usually).
- The answer is murky. But we are thinking of moving. Uh, to Florida.
- As in house buying, yard for playing, pool in the backyard, deck with a grill and (hybrid) SUV in the front. I’m a little in shock. I have never wanted these ‘things’.
- Having kids sure does change you and where you think about living!
- The houses are so cheap right now it’s mind blowing.
- Chicken was offered a new role–also internal and is hand picking her new team. This role is also remote and so…
- We can live in Florida on a NYC salary.
- Outside is nice. Beach is nice. More family nearby is nice (4 aunties and her father part time).
- We would have enough money to pay for private school and not worry about where or how our kids are going to get into school. The NYC preschool experience is one I wouldn’t care if we missed.
- Needless to say, we’re not getting a murphy bed right now:)
- For now, we are sucking it up on the sofa bed (which became a lot more comfortable when we got the price quote from the designers) and really weighing our options on what we what to do.
- The lease is up Dec. 31, so we are not rushed.
- Number 1 issue is space and quality of life.
- We both love NYC so much, but we feel we will never make quite enough money to have the life we want here.
- A wardrobe of shorts and flip flops sure is a lot cheaper:)
- If I never have to experience winter again other than being on a ski trip, I would be one happy Puffer.
My in-laws won’t be babysitting any time soon:
- For your period to return after giving birth (for breast feeding mamas)? Going on 15 months now…still no sign of AF. Not that I’m complaining…
- For your tatas to return to their previous size or rather, new shrunken deflated size, after weaning from breast feeding? I still haven’t bought any new bras and I just can’t sink money into expensive pieces of clothing that will (could?) be rendered useless soon.
- For your body temperature to adjust? Before I got pregnant I was always cold. Then, I was carrying around a nice heater for 8 months so I figured it was the babies. Then I gave birth and was still not cold and I figured it was the hormones. Then I continued to breast feed and figured it was still the hormones. I couldn’t even wear sweaters this past winter because I was too hot and normally I can only wear sweaters. Now, I’m weaning–BFing 3 x day–and I’m still pretty warm. Not hot. Not like that. Just, a whole lot warmer than ever before. I look around on the playground and realize I’m the only one who has removed her jacket. And folks, I’m a teeny thing. Anyone else experience this? Did it ever change or is this my new normal?? Am I going to hate summer?? I’ve never been ‘not cold’ unless I’m near the equator.
As many of you may remember (or not), we had to stop sleeping in our bed with the boys as it was too disrupting. Grunter is a very early riser, but he’s not really ‘up’. He stirs, squawks a bit and then goes back to sleep (4am-5am).
- moving the ottoman/coffee table
- taking all of the sofa cushions off
- unfolding the sofa
- making the bed with sheets/blankets
- remembering to get the pillows from our own bed before we put the boys to bed
Ruby’s post about her upcoming trip to the Cinque Terre in Italy sent me running to look through old photos.