Decision Time

If you haven’t been following along with me on the travel site, that’s where I’m blogging these days.
I made a decision while I was in the silent retreat. Here’s my plan: my cycle is back to normal, no more weird wonkiness and I felt my ovulation right on time. This is all really good news.
I have a box full of meds waiting for me at home. I’ve decided to use them and give this IVF ONE LAST SHOT. We have just enough sperm left for me to do this and still have 2 vials left for K to do IVF/egg donor.
If I have another bad response to the drugs…well, then I’ll know for sure, won’t I?
If I have a good response and proceed ahead, the transfer would be on April 30th.
April 30th would have been my due date.

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like


  • Reply N March 9, 2009 at 12:58 pm

    That’s definitely an exciting decision.

  • Reply K March 9, 2009 at 2:27 pm

    Sounds like a great plan. I hope April 30th brings a successful transfer and a BFP soon after.

  • Reply anofferingoflove March 9, 2009 at 3:06 pm

    i’ll be wishing you lots of luck in april, sounds like ya’ll have a good plan.

    i’ll also be remembering your loss with you and wishing for you that you were welcoming your babe, instead of starting over…

  • Reply Lizzie March 9, 2009 at 4:28 pm

    hey lady – i have been following (but not commenting) your thai adventures – including the silent german lesbians …. glad to hear from you over on this one, too. love your decision and your plan to give it one more try before switching eggs. love you!

  • Reply Jen March 9, 2009 at 5:31 pm

    Hey! Good to hear from you. I followed along your travels and during my hellish week, it was a bright light. Thanks for sharing. Hope your backpack made it through…April sounds like a great plan. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed.

  • Reply Mommy D March 9, 2009 at 8:38 pm

    I’ve been following your journey for a while and am crossing my fingers for you!!! I have a really positive feeling about this last try… I went through a really tough miscarriage and ended up concieving our daughter (Brooklyn born 1/16/09) the day that we would have been due with the previous pregnancy… The world works in amazing ways…

  • Reply tbean March 10, 2009 at 1:23 am

    Hey Puffer–Can’t wait to have you back in the country. Love the plan. Have all kinds of good feelings about it. April is going to be HUGE around here! :)

  • Reply Carrie March 10, 2009 at 3:25 am

    good for you!!! it’s so worth another shot. i gotta believe the right thing will happen. im proud of you for that meditation retreat. wow. girl you impress me!
    thinking of you and sending you good wishes.

  • Reply insertmetaphor March 10, 2009 at 3:26 am

    Sorry the retreat ended so abruptly. The IVF plan sounds great – I love that you’ll give it one last shot.

  • Reply wishinghopingpraying March 10, 2009 at 7:19 am

    Your plan sounds wonderful. I hope April is your lucky month!

  • Reply Gia March 10, 2009 at 2:31 pm


  • Reply journeytowardsourbaby March 10, 2009 at 9:07 pm

    Good for you, glad you were able to come to a decision like that. Hopefully April’s good for both of us!

    I’ve loved following your travel blog, the retreat sounds really tough and I’m sure you lasted way longer than I could have! Very interesting though all the same and sounds like you did get a lot out of it.

  • Reply babypants March 11, 2009 at 8:44 pm

    I think this is a great decision. I would hope that april 30 would bring you some luck. Welcome home. xoxo L.

  • Reply 2girlsandtheirfamily March 13, 2009 at 7:24 pm

    We like this plan and are looking forward to a Spring full of good news!! :)

  • Leave a Reply