I’m sharing this as I’ve made these for so many people, they’re a big hit and they always ask for the recipe, adapted from Elana’s Pantry.
Our family is not gluten free but a number of my friends are and I know it’s becoming more and more common.
I have a number of ‘pancake’ recipes that I make for my toddlers, but I call them ‘cakes’ because
who doesn’t want cake?! Even if you call them cakes, they are packed full of protein and are a healthy snack for kids
These are perfect for travel or a nice afternoon treat.
If you want to really to indulge, spread with Nutella and enjoy!
Almond (Pan) Cakes
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, water, vanilla and honey
- Add almond flour, salt and baking soda and mix until thoroughly combined
- Heat coconut oil on skillet over medium low to medium heat
- Scoop 1 heaping tablespoon of batter at a time onto the skillet
- Pancakes will form little bubbles, when bubbles open, flip pancakes over and cook other side
- Remove from heat to a plate
- Repeat process with remaining batter, add more oil to skillet as needed