What? You wanted the tissue IN the box? Oops.
My big boy Whoop Whoop pulling his new truck down the beach.
My new (steal at TJ Maxx!) bikini and post baby body.
Digging holes. Does it get any better?
Oh, it’s busy around here. I don’t think I’ve ever gone this long without a post.
So much…it’s bullet time:
- I’m taking a writing class this semester and using my creative brain again. It’s really nice, but time consuming.
- Both boys are fully walking, W2 quite fast and he N.E.V.E.R stops.
- I had started going to the gym about a month ago and was getting back into yoga and pilates. It was great and really helped my abs.
- Now, I spend so much time running after two little guys going in opposite directions that if I go to the gym I can’t do much else. So…my workout is now twin running.
- HN fractured her foot so I am solo for….I honestly have no idea.
- The Florida trip was great. We thought it might be life-changing and it was. We came back seriously wondering how we are going to deal with these two kiddos in a small apartment. They loved being outside so much (and they are outside here twice a day usually).
- The answer is murky. But we are thinking of moving. Uh, to Florida.
- As in house buying, yard for playing, pool in the backyard, deck with a grill and (hybrid) SUV in the front. I’m a little in shock. I have never wanted these ‘things’.
- Having kids sure does change you and where you think about living!
- The houses are so cheap right now it’s mind blowing.
- Chicken was offered a new role–also internal and is hand picking her new team. This role is also remote and so…
- We can live in Florida on a NYC salary.
- Outside is nice. Beach is nice. More family nearby is nice (4 aunties and her father part time).
- We would have enough money to pay for private school and not worry about where or how our kids are going to get into school. The NYC preschool experience is one I wouldn’t care if we missed.
- Needless to say, we’re not getting a murphy bed right now:)
- For now, we are sucking it up on the sofa bed (which became a lot more comfortable when we got the price quote from the designers) and really weighing our options on what we what to do.
- The lease is up Dec. 31, so we are not rushed.
- Number 1 issue is space and quality of life.
- We both love NYC so much, but we feel we will never make quite enough money to have the life we want here.
- A wardrobe of shorts and flip flops sure is a lot cheaper:)
- If I never have to experience winter again other than being on a ski trip, I would be one happy Puffer.
So, that’s where we are. It’s intense.
If any of you Floridians…I know you are out there…have any words of advice for us, we would really appreciate it. We have all the legal documents, health care proxy, wills, etc., would have second parent adoption completed and both of us are on the original birth certificate.
Now, I have to finish my lunch and edit some papers for my class tonight while the kids are still napping.
Miss you all.